The Ichthys LNG Project is currently in construction and is ranked among the most significant oil and gas projects in the world. Cummins South Pacific was awarded the contract for the supply of six (6) C3000 Generator Packages for use as temporary power and emergency back up to the main Gas Powered Turbines used in the main onshore processing plant, situated south west of Darwin, NT Australia.
Sound Control successfully bid for and was awarded the contract for the design, manufacture, assembly and testing of cyclone rated Diesel Generator Sound Enclosures for these 2.8MW packages. Detailed design, engineering and documentation phases preceded the core fabrication works at Sound Controls’ Brisbane factory and prior to receipt of the Generator Sets onto the Brisbane site
Scope of Services
The packaging works entailed the:
- Delivery and under cover storage of the (6) 25 tonne Gen Sets,
- Design, fabricate and protective paint equipment bases for housing of the equipment
- Fabrication of the s/steel enclosures with incorporated ventilation system
- Engine exhaust system fabrication and pipework connection.
- Supply and pipework connection of a 7500l diesel bund tank
- Fabrication and installation of Cooling Pipework circuits in s/steel including paint finishes
- Design, supply and install air and diesel redundancy main engine starter packages.
- Air and Noise off site commissioning testing and reporting.
Sound Control has been able to deliver ongoing engineering and support to Cummins SE over the course of the project which has resulted in the delivery of a high end quality product for such a prestigious project.