Sonata Exhaust Silencers or Mufflers as they are commonly known, are suitable for the noise reduction of Exhaust Gases emitting from internal combustion engines, vacuum pump intake and discharge lines and similar equipment.
We have over 35 years’ experience in designing and manufacturing Exhaust Silencers to suit all engine exhaust gas configurations. Our Sonata range of exhaust silencers are designed to suit a wide range of engine capacities and various fuel sources, including; Natural gas, Methane, Diesel, heavy fuel and dual fuel.
- Exhaust Silencer designs are offered as either a combination of reactive and absorptive elements providing maximum attenuation at all frequency bands or as a reactive unit centering on discreet frequencies.
- Commonly, a combination of reactive and absorptive designs are provided where “Super critical” silencing is needed to meet the requirements of noise sensitive locations.
- Sound Control’s Silencer Range are offered as:
- Industrial Grade – 20 dB reduction (SCM)
- Residential Grade – 25 dB reduction (SCMR)
- Critical Grade – 35 dB reduction (SCMRA)
- Speciality Grade – greater than 35 dB are available
Design Features Include:
- Standard or bespoke design to suit various applications and arrangements.
- Circular or rectangular in design.
- Low velocity and pressure loss designs
- Manufactured in a variety of materials including Coated Steel, Stainless Steel and speciality alloys, capable of handling temperature.
- Tested and proven designs specifically for gas engines, detonation protection.
- Expansion Bellows
- Thermal Insulation Blankets
- Exhaust Stacks
- Spark Arrestor
- Steel Support Frames and Structures
- Flange Kits including gaskets and fixings
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Lihir Power Station 1 x 19MW Wartsila Low Speed Diesel replacement unit.
- Exhaust Silencers, Flexible Bellows.
- Owen Springs Power Station 3 x 11.5MW MAN Diesel Low Speed Diesels
- Exhaust Silencers, Exhaust Stacks, Pipework Spools, Flexible Joints.
- Ichthys On Shore LNG Facility, 6 x 2.7MW Diesel Gen Sets
- Exhaust Silencers, Exhaust Pipework, Thermal Lagging Kits
- Channel Island Power Station 1 x 1675 kVa Exhaust Silencer
- Exhaust Silencers, Exhaust Pipework, Exhaust Stacks.