Sound Control supply the HVAC Industry their Sonata Attenuators for a vast array of mechanical services noise reduction applications. The acoustic performance (insertion loss) has been tested in accordance to ISO 7235:2003 with pressure drop losses minimized due to tapered splitter designs.
Our passive design provides both high and low broad band attenuation along with low air flow restriction. Sonata SC Series Attenuators can be supplied in standard galvanized steel sheet fabrication or in either stainless steel or aluminium materials for speciality requirements.
SC Series Attenuators are specified as:
- SCA / 67 / 1200 …….. 200mm THICK by the closed area by length
- SCB / 73 / 900 ……… 300mm THICK by the closed area by length
- SCTT ……… Combination SPLITTER Design
Silencer performance is predicted by the degree closed area and length of silencer.
Lengths of Silencer range from 600mm to 3000mm.
Circular Silencers are either podded or unpadded.
Higher performing units are available in our Tunnel Attenuator Product line.
Standard configurations are supplied in Rectangular / Square / Circular designs.
Typical Silencer Applications
- Plant Room and Car Park Supply and Return Ducts.
- Room to Room Attenuation.
- Ventilation Shafts.
- Air Handling Units and Cooling towers.
- Outdoor Air Ventilation systems
- Refrigeration plant
Design Features Include
- Tested Performance.
- Excellent noise reduction for use of space.
- Choices of materials & finishes provided.
- Manufactured to connect to standard ductwork connections.
- Supplied in module form allowing large openings to be infilled.
- Vermin mesh screens and matching fixing angles available as optional extras.
- ABC Studios – Southbank Brisbane
- Cairns Base Hospital – Air-conditioning Plant Room
- Ferny Grove Tavern – Refrigeration Plant
- QGC – Gas Engine Enclosure